Thu, Apr 20|
Setting Tone & Context for an Inclusive Prenatal Yoga Class
Learn how to set a welcoming tone to your prenatal yoga class, create a context so everyone can feel empowered to make their own decisions in their pregnancy or postpartum journey, and how you can empower students to ask for touch or to or to decline without having to say a word.
Time & Location
Apr 20, 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM CDT
About the Event
Milwaukee Prenatal Yoga Community Webinar: Setting Tone & Context for an Inclusive Prenatal Yoga Class
Learn how to set a welcoming tone in your prenatal yoga class and how to create a context so everyone can feel more empowered to make their own decisions regardless of where they're at in their pregnancy or postpartum journey. We'll talk about how you can empower students to ask for touch or to decline without having to say a word.
In this one-hour workshop, we will cover:
- how to welcome your students and get to know them and their needs
- how to establish a Circle of Trust among all students
- help your students feel more empowered to make their own decisions in order for them to practice safely
- give your students permission to request touch or to politely decline touch during class (give assists)
- how to teach a multi-level class (new and experienced yoga students)
- help both prenatal and postnatal students feel included
There will be 30 minutes for a Q&A session at the end.
Presented by Heather R. Burkart CAP, E-RYT (200), RPYT Lead Teacher, Milwaukee Prenatal Yoga Community
This webinar will be recorded. All registrants will be given a copy of the recording.
This webinar workshop is open to any yoga teacher who is interested in this topic. RYTs can earn 1 CEC from Yoga Alliance. MPYC teacher trainees will earn credit towards their training (Level 1: Physical Body)
Learn more about MPYC's Yoga Alliance Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training at www.milwaukeeprenatalyoga.com
Setting Tone & Context Webinar